Ok, I have a confession to make. There’s this sandwich that I
like LOVE, aaaaannd its from this certain restaurant that has become a, “He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named” sort of restaurant, I’ll get on my soap box later. For now we will just imagine this pure pork awesome Italian sandwich that combines the flavors of pepperoni, salami, and black forest ham. I had no idea what I was missing until one day, (before “The-Store-That-Must-Not-Named” decided to serve meat from animals not treated with antibiotics) I walked in and and had a craving for something different than my regular sandwich, a toasted tuna on Italian bread, so I got the BMT not being so sure how the pepperoni would taste on an actual sandwich. HOLY COW it was Ah-Ma-Zing!
The SuperBowl is coming and I am CRAVING an Italian BMT from, “The-Store-That-Must-Not-Be-Named” and I just need one, like NOW. Jeez, I sound pregnant or something, but its sooooo good! You see, I don’t support restaurants that don’t support me and my standards in raising livestock. I believe that in order to have a healthy and thriving herd of pigs, we sometimes need to use antibiotics to treat those animals that may fall sick to keep from infecting other pigs and keep that animal healthy. Even though we use the highest herd health standards achievable, sometimes our pigs still get sick. As contract pig caretakers for another company, we are audited each month to ensure the pigs we are raising turn in to quality product that ends up on your table. There is NEVER any antibiotics in your meat, because we are required to follow mandatory withdraw periods before sending the pigs to turn into quality pork products that reach your table. That being said, I set out to make my OWN Italian BMT from meat that was treated with antibiotics, because I feel safe consuming meat that was treated with antibiotics, and I feel safe feeding my family meat that was treated with antibiotics, anyone have any questions about antibiotics? ….Thought so.
This melted version of the Italian BMT is so good it will leave your guests coming back for more. The plus side, you can make them with whatever yummy ingredients you want, just avoid the lettuce, you don’t want lettuce in the oven. The pepperoni perfectness, mixed with ham, salami, swiss cheese, onions, tomatoes, and hot pickled banana peppers, ugh! Need I say more? Now go, already and get all the stuff to make your own because seriously, you don’t want to miss out on this pork goodness!
- Bakery Slider Buns
- Black Forest Ham
- Swiss Cheese
- Mayo or Miracle Whip (your choice)
- Fresh Sliced Onions
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Hot Pickled Banana Peppers
- 4 Tblsp. Butter
- 2 Tblsp. Minced Onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut and open about 8 buns. Place a slice of salami, ham, and 3 pepperonis on the bun. Add a half slice of Swiss cheese, top with onions, tomatoes, and pickled peppers. Slather about a teaspoon of mayo on the inside of the top of the bun. Add to a 9x13 cake pan and repeat until fill the pan up with sandwiches.
- Add the minced onion to a bowl and put the 4 Tblsp. of cold butter on top and melt in the microwave until softened. Pour the butter and onion mixture on top of the sliders and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Take out of oven, serve and enjoy!
Pin It Here!